Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Wrestling
Today our sweet Olivia informed us that she "was a little rough on the boys today." I questioned her at length and apparently they were playing a game and the opportunity presented itself for her to take 2 of them down. Not at the same time-although I have no doubt of her capability. One cried and the other insisted it didn't hurt. Before you think I am bragging about this, it was all in good fun and no one was in trouble. The other day she told me she did the Jonny Blaisdell on Darin. I was afraid of this problem. With 4 older brothers, she is very well versed in self-defense and rough housing. I told her not to judge the boy that cried that maybe he doesn't have older brothers to learn rough housing from. Troy and I got a giggle out of the whole thing. We then told her no more Jonny Blaisdell. In case you are wondering, the Jonny Blaidell is a wrestling move (every team has their own names, but Paden named it this cause Jonny always did it to him. It is a favorite in our household), where you hold your opponent around his waist with your legs and you squeeeze, hard. It is very effective. You use the move in combination with others for points and/or pins and near falls. Well the sweet Daughter was told no more wrestling Darin. To bad there is not a girls wrestling team here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment